What To Do If You Experience Storm Damage To Your Roof
A storm can cause serious damage to your roof. If you experience damage, it is important to take action immediately to prevent further damage and to ensure your safety. Here’s a list of what to do if you experience storm damage to your roof:
- First and foremost, safety is paramount. Do not attempt to repair any damage yourself. Leave that to the professionals. Attempting repairs yourself could result in further damage or even injury.
- Contact a reputable Brazen Roofing contractor to schedule a FREE inspection as soon as possible.
- Take pictures of the damage for your insurance company. Make sure to document the date and time the photos were taken.
- Be prepared to answer questions from your insurance company about the extent of the damage and when it occurred.
- Once the inspection is complete, your Brazen Roofing contractor will provide you with a report detailing the extent of the damage and what needs to be done to repair it.
- If you have insurance, contact your insurance company to start a claim. Most insurance companies have a 24-hour hotline you can call to start the claims process.
- Your Brazen Roofing contractor will provide you with an estimate for the repairs. Once you have approved the estimate, they will begin work on repairing your roof as soon as possible so that your home is protected from further weather damage.
Experiencing storm damage to your roof can be a stressful and frightening experience but it is important to take action immediately in order to prevent further damage and ensure your safety. By following these steps, you can rest assured knowing that you are taking the necessary actions to protect your home and property after a storm hits.